From:
Bridgeland Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:49:48 +0900
On Saturday, February 26, 2005, at 03:28  PM, Elizabeth Hawxhurst wrote:

> I'm only 21 and I have been eating poorly my whole life, so I didn't
> think
> that a month or two more would hurt me in the long run.

Probably not. But I was the same, and felt a lot better after only a
few DAYS on paleo. I think a lot of other people had similar
experiences, so that accounts for the nearly religious fervor on this
list. My dad and I are a lot alike physically, right down to suffering
the same ailments, bad teeth, gimp knees, migraines, hay fever. I would
love for him to give it a trial, but he isn't interested. I wish I had
known about this when I was young enough not to have taken as much
damage as I have!

By the way, one way to get rid of your food without wasting all your
money is to divide it into bad, worse and worst. I think the worst by
far is wheat. I never notice much difference if I eat other grains,
beans or milk. But a few days back eating wheat and I am right back
where I started, migraine headaches, joint pains and hay fever, aching
teeth. So my advice is to toss the wheat or give it away to a
vegetarian friend (or enemy!) and eat the rest, if you can't stand
throwing it ALL away. I know what it is like to be broke and to have to
eat that stuff. Just try to reduce the bad stuff as much as your budget
allows. Rice is a lot cheaper than bread anyway, and causes a lot less
damage.

2 cents