From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:01:39 -0500
Todd > About 58% of the protein you eat is converted to glucose

This figure fluctuates wildly depending upon a variety of factors.  One thing that is clear is that one's propensity to convert protein to glucose is dependent upon the percentage of carbohydrate in the diet.  If you're in ketosis but not getting enough fat, you'll lean on glucose from protein pretty heavily.

Plus, your body can become more efficient at gluconeogenesis the longer it is forced to rely upon protein as a primary energy.  I've bought into your theory, Todd, that my fasting glucose is too high at 91 even though I've been in ketosis.  I've lowered my protein and increased my healthy fat to see if I can get this number down.