Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:50:47 -0400
On 29 September, 2004 03:59, Persephone O'Donnell wrote:

> I confess that I'm still undecided about the 'leaky gut' hypothesis. I'm
> completely convinced that such things as grains and dairy produce a range
> of symptoms in many people, but I'm unsure about the mechanisms involved.

The ancient creation story that we are made from trees looks to be true, if
you keep in mind that we are inside-out trees.
Our roots (vili) extend inward into the contents of the gut, where if we have
eaten paleofood there are "good" bacteria converting whatever into the right
kind of nutrients - enzymes, vitamins & unknown.

This takes hours, and fits with the noted benefits of eating once/day.
IMO it explains why some can flourish on cooked food - their enzyme-producing
function is undamaged - while most (older) folk must cultivate bacteria or
eat raw which has enough enzymes.

Wassail

William