From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:15:39 +0100
On Sep 18, 2004, at 8:12 am, Persephone O'Donnell wrote:
> I know that I'm eating a lot of fruit because I'm a
> carbohydrate-craver.
> Fruit helps the transition to paleofoods as I gave up all grains,
> potatoes
> and dairy in one fell swoop. I’m intending to slowly cut down on my
> fruit
> consumption. Given a choice, I love meat and veg best though.

Persephone,

I tried cutting down on fruit for a while and found it almost
impossible.  It turned out I was eating meat that was too lean, and
essentially suffering rabbit starvation - or, more accurately, pig&cow
starvation.  Now I try to ensure that (by weight, not calories) I eat
at least as much fat as meat, and my carb cravings have disappeared- to
the point where I have to almost force myself to eat any veg at all.  I
guess this is not strictly true- I would miss my daily plate of lettuce
to go with the meat I eat, but the rest (onions, leeks, garlic,
broccoli, mushrooms) I eat more for pleasure than need.