From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:46:53 -0500
> Avoiding wheat (gluten, actually) and dairy help me a lot with
> the leaky gut.  You have to be squeaky clean on your intake, no
> cheating, for several months
> and after that your gut may not be so sensitive.  It also allows you to
> narrow down other
> foods that disagree with you.

I don't eat wheat anymore (haven't in a while) and haven't had dairy in
months because I am intolerant to it...or at least I was. It didn't show up
on this last test but I have no intentions adding dairy to my diet.

> I haven't solved the "arthritis" riddle yet; I probably also have
> fibromyalgia.  I do know > high-sugar, high-dairy makes it all a lot
> worse.  I'd recommend
> supplementing with > magnesium; you should get at least as much magnesium
> as calcium if you
> supplement. > If you're eating dairy on a regular basis, skip the calcium
> and just
> supplement magnesium. > NB: supplementation is not paleo; but we didn't
> get where we are
> health-wise by eating > paleo and it may take a little extra to get over.

I don't eat sugar of any kind and only have fruit very occasionally like
every 10 to 14 days. I also don't eat dairy and I am supplementing with
magensium and calcium.

> In addition to avoiding your allergy foods, you should probably avoid the
> following which could promote inflammation in some people: coffee
> including
> decaf, citrus fruit and juices, tomatoes, eggplant, vinegar, wine or in
> fact any > alcoholic beverage. Be sure you're either eating enough oily
> fish or
> supplementing fish oil.  If you can find and afford it, grass-fed meat
> is better. > Try to eat organic fruits and veggies. Try marshmallow root
> (in capsules)
> 2 caps 2x day which is very soothing for the intestinal tract.  Filter
> your
> tap water or drink good bottled water to avoid the chlorine and fluorine
> which harm the natural flora of your intestines.
I drink a glass of wine every 6 to 8 weeks but have decided to stop. I will
avoid the other foods you mentioned. I jsut bought Carlson's fish oil. the
brand I was using before probably wasn't the best. We only drink
bottled/filtered water. I switched to organic only veggies about 3 weeks ago
and hope that will help. the beef I've been buying says grass fed, hormone
free, etc. but I found out today that 2 weeks prior to going to slaughter
they feed them grains to get them up to market weight. so I will stop buying
from this store. there is a local farm that sells grass fed beef but it's
very expensive. However, i will start ordering from them.

> Don't take ibuprofen or similar for the arthritis pain; it can lead to
> further deterioration of the joint.  In fact you should probably not be
> taking any painkiller
> on a daily basis.
I don't take pain medication of any kind or any other medication for that
matter. This weekend my husband has been out of town so I have been resting
A LOT and applying castor oil packs.

> An orthopedic doc will take an X-ray and probably tell you you have
> arthritis, and maybe try to sell you a joint replacement.  Don't be in
> a hurry.
Oh I have no intentions of having surgery. I had a hysterectomy last year
and now wonder if I could have done without one - not that I can reverse it.

> Number one in my book is to fix the digestion.  That'll give you
> a step forward toward fixing the other problems.  Good luck!
>
>    Lynnet

Will do - I was just confused because i truly feel that I am doing just
about anything I can do. From food to making my own lotion to avoid
toxins/xenoestrogens, I dry skin brush every day and/or use a homemade salt
scrub, regular exercise, and on and on. I know it takes time to heal I just
didn't expect things to get worse. On the other hand, I woke up with a
headache (can't even remember the last time I had one of those) so maybe my
body is going through withdrawal from the foods I stopped eating. Who
knows...

Thank you for all the feedback. It's nice to know I am on the right track
and to learn some new suggestions.

Kristina