From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:40:24 -0500
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:51:34 -0400, Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>All I am saying is that you need to consider quantity of consumption,
>and frequency. Most peoples in the world do not eat as much quantity of
>food as many of us do on this list, and this must be considered in the
>equation.
>
>--Richard

Excellent point Richard.  As much as I've tried to deny it over the past
several years -- I have come to face the fact that my portions are simply
too large.  I think much  of this stems from the fact that mealtimes were
not regulated at all when I was a child (both parents worked) and my
brother and I were able to eat anything we wanted at any time we wanted in
as large amounts as we wanted.  This led to me not feeling "full" unless I
was stuffed to the gills.  I was very thin naturally for most of my like
despite out eating and drinking (during my carefree single days of "vodka
and roses") many twice my size -- but when I hit mid 30s -- it all came to
a screeching halt.  Granted, when I eat lowcarb I can get away with excess
calories but have now come to the conclusion that just because I can
doesn't mean it's good for me.  There is no reason that a petite woman
5'2.5" tall needs whopping 8oz slabs of meat at each and every meal.
(exception may be pro athelete etc) By simply cutting my meat down to
around 4oz maximum per meal maximum -- I'm starting to see those last few
stubborn pounds budge.  At first I thought I felt hungry from the
adjustment but now realize that not being stuffed to the gills is NOT the
same thing as being truly hungry.  I'm also finding success by trying to
finish supper at least 3 hours before bedtime.  Americans eat too darn much
in my view whether it's carrot sticks or roast beef. Our restaurant
portions are obscene.