From:
Wade Reeser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:07:44 -0400
>Since beginning the paleo diet, I have been eating about a dozen eggs a w=
>eek.
>Is this too many? =

At the moment, I eat on average 6 raw eggs a day in a blender drink.  I
often use either heavy cream or whole milk yogurt as a mixer which some
would consider non-paleo.  Previously for some 5 or 6 years I would
regularly eat 4 egg omelets with onions, tomatoes and ham or bacon (most
every day).  The eggs never seemed to cause any digestive problems or have
any ill effects on any of my 'numbers'.  As a reference, before embarking on
a largely paleo diet regimen, my total cholesterol and triglycerides were
always very low (130-ish mg/dl for total cholesterol) however I was
overweight (fat).

From my reading, I don't believe eggs have ANY negative effect on health,
cooked or raw.  Avidin is inactivated by cooking and the biotin in the yolk
more than compensates for raw whole egg consumption.  Personally, I don't
think omega-3 eggs are worth the expense or effort and instead occasionally
supplement with a fish or cod liver oil from a bottle (Carlson's or Twin
Labs).  My interest in raw egg drinks if primarily for convenience.  I am
more that a highly skeptical about necessary or great health benefits of raw
eating much less instincto but I do prefer my meats rare.

For myself, I think I could not eat too many eggs and personally wouldn't
flinch at more than a dozen eggs a DAY if I could stomach it. ;)

Kind regards,

  Wade