From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:26:32 +0100
Mike- you eat a hundred times more than me!  Here is my comparison of
our diets.

On Jul 21, 2004, at 10:34 pm, Mike wrote:
> Well, let's see. I'm 40 and live in the states. I buy my pemmican
> online
> thru grassland beef. Here's what I ate yesterday:
>
> 6 strips bacon, 2 eggs, handful of macadamias, 6 salmon oil softgels

Well I have 3 eggs a day now, and quite a few nuts (1-200g) but I never
touch bacon (don't like it really).  I've never heard of softgels
before.

> 1 bowl o' meat:
> 2 lbs grnd bison
> 2 grassland beef patties
> 1 24 oz jar spagetti sauce (no sugar or soy oil!)
> half cup olive oil
> spices

I eat no more than 400g meat a day (0.88lbs) so I've already

> handful of blueberries
> pemmican bar

I have one or two pieces of fruit a day, rarely berries now that wild
raspberries are almost out of season (blackberries are in soon though,
I think).

> Double meat Whataburger (no bread)
> salad

I don't have a salad often, but I have a load of veg with my main meal
(if you can call it a meal by your standards!)  Lettuce is quite
expensive for what you get so I'm cutting down, although not through
choice.

> Sometimes I eat better, sometimes worse. I'm no Paleo-saint! Sometimes
> I eat
> a ton of fruit, usually as a smoothie.

I used to eat a ton of fruit- when my mum paid for it!  Now I can't
afford, and I try to scavenge wild fruit when I can find it.

Could you eat less than this and be satisfied?  I've found that I am
less hungry between meals if I eat less overall.  Now I'm not eating
starch, I don't get crippling hunger pains, and I can go without food
for a long time, but I'm usually aware that my body wants food
nonetheless.  I can't help but wonder where the extra calories were
going.

Ashley