From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:37:55 -0700
Richard Manning (Against the Grain, How Agriculture Hijacked
Civilization) makes the point that all the land currently used to grow
grain for cattle was able to provide cattle grass food naturally. In
other words without the middle 'MAN' the same number of cattle that we
currently feed grain (not their natural food) could feed off naturally
occurring perennial grass using the same land area. The result would be
happier, healthier cattle, lower costs and healthier meat for us. Boy,
sometimes people just don't know when they have a good thing. Now we've
destroyed the eco-system with our grain that's now basically grown on a
layer of petro-chemicals and it's not good for either the cattle or us!

I'm with you Jean-Claude!

Liz