From:
Andrew Shelley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:58:46 +0100
> Wow -- half or less -- that's a huge difference.  Perhaps quantity of food
> can effect insulin levels as profoundly as composition of one's diet?

It would be interesting to see a trial where the compostition of the diet is
kept constant whilst varying the energy content. Has anybody seen any
research on this ?

> Any thoughts as to whether less food in general is more paleo than 3
> consistent meals per day plus snacks?  I'm thinking occasionally skipping
> dinner or lunch may not be a bad idea...

I'm not sure about less total food, but a hunter-gatherer lifestyle would seem
to imply a more random pattern of food consumption, rather than 3 or 4 meals
at set times.