From:
Anna Kihrani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:44:32 -0700
Hi -

I read Nourishing Traditions not to long ago, and that led
to learning about Paleo eating, and the hope that my
chronic illness (doesn't have a name, I don't think) might
clear up if I try it.  The illness is basically fatigue,
irritability, depression, nasty feeling in my body, etc.
etc.  Basically how I used to feel as a teenager after
eating sugar, only I stopped eating sugar years ago, and
now feel that way when I eat grains (at least I think so -
that's why I'm hoping I'll feel better soon).

I think some folks just eat raw Paleo.  Any input?  I'm not
squeamish, and I love raw fish.  I welcome anyon'e
experiences/recipes/etc.

So - I'm slowly building up to all-paleo, and am finding
myself stymied about what to eat!  My reliance on GBP has
been heavy (mostly G), as well as on dairy products,
although I'm allergic to them.  Would people be willing to
post what they eat in a typical day, to give me some
ideas?  Unfortunately, all vegetables don't appeal to me -
mainly anything that's bitter.  Sour I can do, but not
bitter.

I'm also wondering - I was kind of excited by all the
vegetable pickling in Nourishing Traditions, helping
w/digestion, maintenance of intestinal flora and fauna and
so forth.  I'm guessing they're not paleo, since they
involve salt... Does anyone eat them anyway and find them
to be beneficial, or at least not harmful?  I'd love to
hear any thoughts about that.

That's a lot of questions.  Many thanks to anyone who takes
the time to read and respond!

Anna (from Berkeley, CA, USA)

Good People. Great Causes. Get Connected on Care2 Connect:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/C2Connect