From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 15:16:38 -0600
>Likewise, calorie burning exercise has been shown to have no effect on
weight.

Unless I'm completely misinterpreting your statement, that is simply not
true. I have experienced weight loss (unexpectedly) after increasing
activity levels but keeping caloric intake approximately the same, or
slightly higher. I'm sure many others have as well. I am assuming, of
course, your definition of weight-loss exercise programs would include
higher activity levels for extended periods of time, and not 30 seconds on
the latest "belly-blaster" gimmick :)

I do agree, however, with your statements about the ineffectiveness of
low-calorie "dieting".