From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 17:20:51 -0400
Meal frequency is in my opinion a key, almost an undiscovered frontier.
Several good studies show the same (or better) anti-aging and protective
patterns associated with calorie reduced diets, but with close to normal
overall caloric intake.

In the rodent studies they generally fast the rodents and feed them on
alternating days. They spend a lot of time in ketosis. Their insulin
sensitivity is very high.

I believe  they are beginning human trials at NIH. They will be having
people fast all day and eat one meal at night. You can easily try this
yourself. I have been doing it for a few months with outstanding results.

One thing that amazes me is my constant high energy levels. I can even
do heavy weightlifting and not eat anything until dinner. I also have a
mental clarity during the day that is pretty consistent throughout the day.

I attribute this to a constant blood sugar level but of course I cannot
be sure. I am probably in mild ketosis through much of the day, although
I do not test myself for this.

My body fat is slowly going away. I lost about 10 pounds total body
mass, much of it fat. Through my resistance exercises I am reaching new
personal records so I do not think I am losing muscle mass.

--Richard