From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:07:06 +0900
On Friday, February 6, 2004, at 12:40  AM, David M Lewis wrote:

> My wife and I are starting the Neanderthin program.  Unfortunately,
> she is not much of a meat eater.  She'll eat fish, and a little chicken
> and turkey, but pork is out and beef she doesn't much care for but will
> eat a little.

Just don't worry about it. There is a long list of great foods to
choose from, buy some of each and go from there. Fish and chicken are
great to start with. She can supplement that with a little beef or any
other meat as she goes along. Tolerance, and eventually enjoyment comes
with time, just don't push her. One bite at a time.

I recently started eating lamb, which I had rarely eaten before, and my
tolerance for seafood is slowly rising, I used to hate it, but my wife
loves it so we have it several times a week. I always take a few bites.
I can't say I really enjoy it, but it isn't bad.

Neanderthin is a flexible program. The basics are easy, don't eat
grain, or any food that is poisonous or inedible raw. You can later
tweak this rule to your own needs. I eat the occasional potato, don't
worry about yams or sweet potatoes, etc etc. Some people because of
specific health problems need to be more strict. You decide how far you
want to take it. Just avoiding wheat is the biggest gainer for me, the
other things seem to add less benefit, but that is just me.

We argue a lot on this list about the various fine points of the
program. Don't take this too seriously :--)  It is just fun to see the
different opinions of the many people who post here. Different people
have different needs.

I just want to say one last thing. I was never a diet fanatic before
trying Neanderthin. I used to laugh at and quietly (in my own mind)
make fun of people who were. I get a LOT of benefits from following
this diet, I have been on it nearly three years now and doubt I will
ever stray far from it for long.

Tom