From:
theta sigma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:52:00 -0800
H James Rhodes wrote:

> I've been worried
> that maybe I was sabotaging my diet that way but at least it seems that
> coffee may be a paleofood.

Whoa - I guess that depends on how you consume the coffee.  If you use
roasted beans and then brew the beans then it probably isn't Paleo - at
least I would't think so.  Chewing the raw bean (and they are available
at specialized coffee shops) should be Paleo though.  You have piqued my
interest.  As someone who has coffee maybe once or twice a week, I think
now I will try chewing some raw coffee seeds to see what's what.  I do
think that high amounts of caffein are, overall, damaging to the balance
of the "body electric" (health) - by overstimulating glands and organs.
But I do not know if the raw bean contains much...   have to do some
research on that.

Regards,

-=mark=-