Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:54:28 +0200
8bit
From:
Erik Fridén <[log in to unmask]>
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
"Come winter, come sommer. The ingredients were a bit different according to season."
Me: Ah, surely it wasn't that bad all over, but yes: gastronomically I am glad I was born 1971 and not 1951.
"I didn't mean that it was negative with the rutinely appearing dishes -
people were less obsessed with food and gastronomically it was different but not necessarily worse."
Me: I wasn't dissing the "husmanskost" of old, but surely variety in diet is something positive? I for one am very glad that we Swedes don't have to go to the pharmacy to get garlic anymore. I am also very glad we now have chillipeppers, pinekernels, avocados and more than two varieties of lettuce available, aren't you?

"Today people eat lots of pasta, rice and potatoes. Large buns with sweet
messy mixtures inside, pizzas. In short - eating habits today are a lot worse compared to for instance the 50'ies."
Me: I think you're right there. I have had pupils, teenage boys/young men in fact, suffering from aenema! All the while gobbling on "submarines" 'cause the food served at school did not please their spoilt palates. Surprise, surprise...

Me: surely you weren't born in the 10th century?
"I do feel a bit old sometimes - could that be it?"
Me: I meant, what traditional ritual still in living use in Sweden at yuletide are you refering to when you say "the gods are invited"? Me, I just say grace.

Best; Erik Fridén

Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor