Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Maddy Mason, Accord, NY" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 19:18:55 EDT
Erik, it appears that you may suffer from non-Celiac gluten  sensitivity,
rather than full-blown Celiac Disease. CD is generally diagnosed  via positive
blood samples followed by a small intestinal biopsy showing villous  atrophy.
There is raging controversy in the Celiac community about the  seriousness of
gluten sensitivity where symptoms can be quite devastating,  despite the fact
that no intestinal damage is evident.

Here is a link to a most interesting article explaining in detail,  the
necessity of maintaining a strict gluten free diet where sensitivity exists,  even
though blood tests come back negative.

_http://www.celiac.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=946&sid=91hH9H0@
-HbZ1iS-06104367564.ed_
([log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http://www.celiac.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=946&[log in to unmask])

Dr. Kenneth Fine, MD, a gastroenterologist who runs  Enterolab in Texas, does
stool tests for gluten sensitivity, which can pick up  antibodies in the
intestines long before they appear in the blood. (Stool  samples can be sent from
Europe without problem.)

_http://www.enterolab.com/_ (http://www.enterolab.com/)

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY