Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Kristina K. Carlton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:14:03 -0500
>If you are already on Armour, perhaps you need your meds adjusted.  You
>should be having your blood levels monitored regularly.  I don't know where
>you live but if it's in an area where there's a change of seasons, many
>hypos need more meds in the fall and especially winter, then taper back
>down during hot summer months.  Meds generally go up with age too as all
>hormone production (thyroid included) diminishes with age.  How old are
>you?  This could be a clue regarding your hormonal status.

I just switched companies and therefore insurance and I am looking for an
ostheopath who deals with natural supplements versus meds. My levels were
last checked in November last year and they were ok, but they only checked
TSH. I thought you had to check free T3 or something.

>It seems you have traced all your problems beginning with the removal of
>one ovary and your uterus.

Not necessarily, I did have severe cases of PMS before the hysterectomy as
well and then I had symptoms during ovulation and eventually they both would
start sooner and last longer and I wouldn't have any good days left
inbetween.

>I forgot to ask if you are currently overweight

Nope, I am 5'8" and weigh roughly 132 lbs.

>All this worring about ph etc is going create stress which
>will create a rise in cortisol which is guaranteed to give you a buddah
>belly.  Please, stop it.  You've been on what sounds like a pristine diet
>for 18 months -- look elsewhere for solutions.

I try not to worry - it mainly happens during PMS incidentally. I am
guessing it's partly just due to hormones because ordinarily I am fairly
positive about all this and know that it will change - eventually.

>Try the Oil of Oregano and stop reading so much

I will get some this weekend.

>I am going to post your issues at a site run by a female endorcronolist.
>Hormonediva.com    It costs to register, so if you don't want to, I will
>just post for you and see what kind of feedback I get.  She is into lowcarb
>especially for women and does not push hystorectomies or needless hormone
>replacement.  Anyway -- she may have a clue as to what's going on with
>you.  Please post your age, height/weight and any other details about your
>surgery you feel are relevant and when you were diagnosed with the
>parasites -- this will help me post your situation accurately on her
>website.

I am not allowed to get online at work so I will check out that website
tonight or tomorrow. It sounds great. If you want to post my issues that
would be fine. If the registration is not outrageously expensive I will sign
up because I really want to get this resolved.

5' 8" - 132 lbs

Parasites first diagnosed fall/winter 2002

Last test was done in May this year

Surgery was due to endometriosis on uterus, left ovary, and other areas

Had polycystic ovaries, fibroids inside the lining of my uterus and
adenomyosis

According to a saliva test, before my hysterectomy, my estrogen was normal,
my progesterone was WAY too low despite using natural progesterone cream,
and my testosterone was off the charts high - higher than in some men. When
I was tested via a blood test after the hyst the estrogen and testosterone
were back to normal as is the FSH, but no doctor has been willing to test
the progesterone. I have a hormone saliva test kit at  home right now. The
trick is to know when to test. Obviously I have no idea when I am on days
19 - 21 so I am waiting to get the breast tenderness - haven't gotten it yet
this time around. The test is for progesterone and estradiol, but I am
trying to add testosterone as well.

I have been eating low carb since 1996 but more of an Atkins type approach
with splenda and 'sugar free' bars etc. It was 18 months ago that I started
being more strict as in cutting out coffee, all artifical or natural sugar,
all grains, etc.

>One last thing I forgot to mention that could help make you feel better in
>general (helps me a lot premenstrually) is dry skin brushing -- do it with
>a firm bristled brush and shower afterwards.  Brush upwards toward the
>heart.

I do every morning after my shower. I also use salt scrubs that I make
myself and I switched to homemade lotions about 12 months ago due to
xenoestrogens.  J

>Above all, try not to worry (I know, easier said than done.)  You'll get to
>the bottom of this and find solutions that work for you -- I really believe
>this.

I believe it, too, and am trying not to worry. Like I mentioned above, it's
typically a challenge during PMS, but I just keep telling myself it will all
get better, and try to remind myself of the improvements I have seen
already. So thank you for telling me - it's always good to hear it again.

Thank you SO much for all your feedback. I truly appreciate it.

Kristina