Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 05:38:18 -0500
From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
>Are you saying that the pig has no filtration system in his digestive
>tract -- I mean we only have one chamber too but our bodies are pretty
>damn good at absorbing only nutrients.

That was quoted from a book by Elmer Josephson. I don't personally know the
whole physiology of pigs yet as I am just exploring this myself. If you go
to Mercola's site and do a search on pork, you will find a lot of sites with
warnings on why not to eat pork. I have included some here.

However, you may be healthy and may have no problem with it. I am still not
as healthy a I used to be and have to 'work on' feeling good at this point
so for me pork is out.

http://www.mercola.com/1998/archive/organ_transplants.htm
http://www.mercola.com/2000/apr/30/pork_more_problems.htm
http://www.mercola.com/2001/apr/11/pork.htm
http://www.mercola.com/2002/sep/25/pork.htm
http://www.mercola.com/2000/oct/8/pork_parasites.htm

I will try to find more on the actual digestive system of pigs as I am
interested in it, too. The last two quotes talk about pig farmers - I
thought you might be interested because you mentioned pig farming these
days. And as I am reading all this I wish it wasn't true because I really
wanted some sausage last night as I went to eat BBQ.

Have you tried goat sausage and products? They are pretty good.

Kristina