Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 00:18:05 -0700
7bit
From:
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Are you saying that the pig has no filtration system in his digestive
tract -- I mean we only have one chamber too but our bodies are pretty
damn good at absorbing only nutrients. Contaminents are either killed
off by the acidic environment of the stomach or pass on through to the
other end. Remember our digestive tract is basically a hollow tube that
strictly speaking is not part of the body. The intestinal tract doesn't
just absorb anything -- it filters and only takes in those things that
it provides receptors or other such vehicles for. Our beneficial
bacteria are there waiting to do their bit too in killing off unfriendly
bacteria and the like. With today's farming practices I don't think
there's any real problem with pork. I have studied a great deal of
physiology and I can't for a minute figure out how the trash that a pig
eats could wind up on their ribs hours later. The pig wouldn't survive
long enough for us to kill and eat  him. If there is something
completely different about pig physiology that I don't know, someone
please inform me.

Liz