From:
Jonathan Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:40:46 -0400

I recieved 12 replies to my fish stick question.
10 people recommend trying Dr. Praegger's.  They apparently make "fishies",
"fish sticks" and "fish fillets" from what I gathered.
The only problem is finding a store that sells them.  You can check out their
website at www.drpraegers.com and find out if there is a store near you that
carries the brand.   They are more readily available around Passover.

One person sent this reply:
 "The only one I know of is here in the Seattle area at Kaili's kichen
 www.wheatlessinseattle.com but I don't know if she ships in the US. I
 buy her frozen fish sticks and chicken tenders. My daughter loves them!"

Another person suggested I check out "Ian's" brand.
So I wrote to Ian's  about GF products and this was the reply they sent back:

Yes, our Sweet Potato fries and Alphatots are gluten free.  We are also
coming out with Allergen Free Chicken Nuggets and Allergen Free Fish
Sticks.  They will be available in September.  Allergen Free mean wheat
free gluten free egg free dairy free soy free nut free.  Thanks for
writing
Jeff Canner
Vice President of Marketing
Ian's Natural Foods
781-284-1999 tel
781-284-6888 fax

Several people asked me how I make my fish sticks, so here's what I do:
-I cut up fresh fish (whatever fish you like) into sticks
-I dip the stick in one bowl containing a beated egg (olive oil works too)
-Then I dip the stick in another bowl with a combination of the following:
	ener-g foods gf bread crumbs (or any bread crumbs)
	gf cornmeal
	salt/ pepper and any other seasoning you want to add
-Place the sticks on a baking sheet and bake for 15min. at 400 degrees

*Sorry I don't have exact measurements, I wing it every time.
They are tasty but time consuming to make, sometimes I need a fast meal for my
toddler!
Thanks,
Susie