From:
Joseph Schutz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Schutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:32:58 -0700

Hello,

It turns out there is probably no such thing as a beer that is make with
barley that is safe to drink.
See the email from Anheuser Busch below. They are the largest brewer in
the world.

Ramapo Brewery in NY makes a beer with Honey that is OK, and there is a
company in Italy that also make
a GF beer. Other wise the other products are not safe.

Joe

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for e-mailing Anheuser-Busch.

We truly appreciate your interest in our products.  The information
below should not replace advice from your physician, but we hope it's
helpful when you consult with your doctor.

Anheuser-Busch beers vary in the type and mix of ingredients and in
certain refinements of the brewing process to achieve their distinctive
and unique characteristics.  But all are alike in one respect - every
Anheuser-Busch beer is brewed without artificial ingredients, additives
or preservatives.

Glutens (gliadin, hordein, and gluten) are protein substances, which are
found in some cereal grains (i.e. wheat, rye, barley and oats).  These
glutens are "degraded" in the malting and brewing process into compounds
called amino acids.  We have been unable to detect the undegraded gluten
compound in our beers.  However, recent investigations have suggested
that the gluten degradation products may aggravate the condition in some
celiac patients.  We suggest you consult with your physician.

If you would like additional information concerning glutens, you may
want to contact the:

Celiac Spruce Association/USA, Inc.
PO Box 31700
Omaha, NE
68131-0700

Toll Free: 877-CSA-4CSA . Fax: 402-558-1347 . Email:

Again, Joseph, it was a pleasure to receive your email.  Should you have
additional questions or comments please contact us.  We always enjoy
hearing from our friends.  Thank you for emailing Anheuser-Busch.

Your Friends at Anheuser-Busch

1-800-DIAL-BUD (1-800-342-5283)

www.budlight.com

3542680

Dear Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

We truly appreciate your kind words about Bud Light and your interest in
enjoying the fresh, great-taste of the best-selling light beer in the
world.  Please accept our apologies that our first response did not
completely answer your question. We are grateful for the opportunity to
make things clear.

As your questions are medical in nature, the information below should
not replace any advice from your doctor.

Anheuser-Busch beers are brewed with these all-natural ingredients:
water, barley malt, hops, yeast, and cereal grains.

Barley malt is the "soul" of beer, and every one of our beers
incorporates barley malt in the brewing process.  Anheuser-Busch beers
are brewed with pale two or six row barley malt, with some of our
specialty brews using other malts, such as caramel or Munich.

Most of our beers are also brewed with a cereal grain, also known as an
adjunct.  Anheuser-Busch brews our Michelob and Budweiser families of
beer with rice for a crisp, clean finish.  Our Busch and Natural
families are brewed with corn for a sweeter taste.  Michelob Hefeweizen
is the only of our beers brewed with wheat.  Some beer, like our new
Anheuser World Select, is brewed without a cereal grain.

Anheuser-Busch beers vary in the type and mix of the above ingredients,
and in certain refinements of the brewing process used to achieve their
distinctive and unique characteristics.  But, all are alike in one
respect - every Anheuser-Busch beer is brewed without artificial
ingredients, additives, or preservatives.

We hope this information is helpful the next time you speak with your
physician, as we are not in a position to make any suggestions about
your condition.  We wish you the best!

Again, Joseph, thank you for writing Anheuser-Busch, it was our pleasure
to assist you.  We enjoy hearing from friends, so please let us know if
you have any additional questions or comments.

Your Friends at Anheuser-Busch

1-800-DIAL-BUD (1-800-342-5283)

www.budlight.com

3542680A