From:
Arvinder Malhotra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Arvinder Malhotra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:31:07 -0700

Dear Friends,

I have been diagnosed with Celiac disease about 3 weeks ago and am trying to find my way through the world of Gluten free maze. I have personally done some investigations. Here are the results of that:

IN-N-OUT burger
-----------------------

They are a hugely popular burger chain in California. If you want to eat their burgers GF, here is what you have to do (based on a Phone conversation with their support staff):

Order a Protein burger (they use Lettuce instead of the buns) with Mustard and Ketcup, instead of their regular souce which is Mayonnaise based.  They cannot guarantee that the regular would be GF as they cannot comment on the suppliers for the ingredients in that souce.  There fresh cut fries are also GF.

Yoplait Yogurts

Again based on a phone conversation with them, all of their yogurts currently out in the market are GF. If in future that changes, they will mark their products accordingly.

El-Torito Restaurants

I also have a list of menu items that you can order GF at the El-Torito chain of mexican food restaurents. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can send it to you.

Regards
--Arvinder

PS - I am going to Port Angeles, WA area (Olympic National park) over the labor day weekend and would really appreciate any pointers to stores/restaurants in that area.