From:
Jill Bellissimo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 00:51:57 EDT

A big thanks to everyone who responded to my posted question regarding a
correlation between Celiac Disease and Sjogren's Syndrome(SS).

Over 20 people responded saying they have both CD and SS.  Out of this group
there were a couple of people with additional autoimmune disorders including
Type 1 Diabetes, Lupus, and Hypothyroidism.  Most people stated that if you
have one autoimmune disease you are at risk for developing others.

One person who has both CD and SS said the best treatments they have
experienced are homeopathy and Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture).

One person would like to be contacted by other listmates who also have both
CD and SS.  They gave me permission to post their contact address:
[log in to unmask]  They said they have some unanswered questions regarding
SS, and are
hoping to get contacted by those that are willing to help.

One person said that Celiac and dry eyes means not enough drinking water.

I found a lot of info regarding SS at www.sjogrens.com, however not much in
relation to CD.

Thanks again for all of your quick responses and experiences.