From:
Lisa Cash <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Cash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 11:27:46 -0500

I was diagnosed with Celiac in April.  I had my gallbladder removed in May
2003 and in April 2004 had an ERCP w/shincterotomy done to clear out my
common bile duct (stone showed up on ultrasound, but was gone when they
did the ERCP).  The small intestine biopsy was done at that time which
confirmed Celiac.  I have some questions for anyone who has had problems
with their liver, gallbladder or pancreas and how it was related to their
Celiac.

1.  Anyone have elevated bilirubin and/or liver enzymes and did they
return to normal after being GF?  If yes, how long did you have to be GF
to see the improvement?
2.  Anyone have very low insulin levels (low enough to indicate Type 1
diabetes), but not have elevated blood sugar levels (due to
malabsorbtion)?  Did this correct itself after being GF, or did you
develop diabetes once you were able to absorb foods better?
3.  Anyone with low lipase levels and do you take any digestive aids for
that or did GF diet fix that problem?
4.  Anyone with biliary cirhosis from Celiac?  If yes, what are some of
the symptoms you experienced and did they improve after going GF?

I guess I'm just confused about this because I'm not sure if there is a
link with all my other problems and Celiac or if I just have a lot of
different things going on at the same time.  From reading, it seems like a
lot of symptoms get better while GF, but I'm not sure if an organ is
malfunctioning if that will get better also.  Any advice is appreciated!!
Thank you

LISA