From:
renee euler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
renee euler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 22:50:28 -0500

Listmates:

I receive a monthly email newsletter of their special events from the
Lettuce Entertain You Restaurant chain here in Chicago-land. (www.leye.com)
You can imagine my surprise when I scanned through the message and the words
gluten-free jumped out at me!

This is the text from the newsletter:
**WILDFIRE INTRODUCES NEW GLUTEN FREE MENU**

Wildfire welcomes the Gluten Free Menu for both lunch and dinner. The Gluten
Free menu includes extensive list of salads, steaks, chops, seafood and
more. Wildfire’s new Gluten Free Menu is now available for guests with
Celiac disease and other gluten allergies to dine-out. Celiac is a digestive
disorder in which the body is unable to properly absorb gluten. Wildfire is
proud to offer the Gluten Free Menu to all of these Chicagoans. Wildfire’s
Director of Training, Ruth Hayden says, “ Our system of checks and balances
assures our guests that every plate served will be checked by the chefs and
managers. We take a lot of pride in doing this for our guests.” To view the
new Gluten-Free Menu, go to:
www.wildfirerestaurant.com/second_level/menu/celiac.htm

I am sure we have the University of Chicago Celiac Disease Program to thank
for this development as the group had their spring fundraising luncheon at
the downtown location of Wildfire back in April. Apparently, Michelle
Melin-Rogovin (UCCDP Program Director) and the event committee showed the
staff at the restaurant just how easy it was to prepare gluten-free items
with few changes to their regular menu so that they came up with a permanent
menu for us all! Thanks to Michelle and the UCCDP!

So, if you are in Chicago or visit soon, be sure to check them out. Also,
the other Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants are very open to dealing with
food allergies. They have special tickets to use for writing up special
orders and are willing to modify things slightly for you. And the manager is
informed and checks on you during the meal (at least the times I have been
to their restaurants).

You can view their other restaurant choices at www.leye.com. I have had
great success with Cafe Ba-ba-Reeba twice now with just mentioning "no
wheat" to my servers who responded with "no gluten?" instead of "what, no
meat?"- always a relief!

Enjoy!
Thanks again to the UCCDP!

Renee Euler