From:
Tina Walia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tina Walia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:05:48 -0800

I had requested information on Endometriosis on 3/29.  I was very touched to
hear from over 20 women within a few hours.  Thank you all very much.  I truly
appreciate the sympathy and understanding from each one of you.  You have all
been very kind to share your personal information with me.  I have also spoken
to a few of you on the phone. I feel very supported and much better prepared
to plan my treatment with my doctor.

Here are the key points:
·  It is important to find a gynecologist who is familiar with endometriosis.
Best surgeons to treat endometriosis are usually at the best infertility
centers. Website: ivf.org
·  For the best information on endometriosis, contact the Endometriosis
Association, http://www.endometriosisassn.org/ or call (414) 355-2200
·  High rates of autoimmune and endocrine disorders, fibromyalgia, chronic
fatigue syndrome and atopic diseases among women with endometriosis: a survey
analysis Human Reproduction Vol.17, No.10 pp.2715-2724, 2002
http://www3.oup.co.uk/eshre/press-release/freepdf/172715.pdf.  Some women did
mention that they have Hashimoto’s (hypothyroidism).
·  http://www.endometriosis.org/
·  Laparoscopic surgery to remove the adhesions and for proper diagnosis.
·  Hysterectomy helped (based on age recommended or not) some persons.
·  Many have wondered about a connection between Celiac and Endometriosis.
·  Various treatments used: Hormones to stop periods; injections; birth
control pills.  Some warned to check with doctor about side effects, specially
being a celiac and higher risk for bone density loss.
·  For some, being pregnant was the cure.
·  Suggestion to read about endometriosis in Dr. Christiane Northrup's books.
·  Chiropractor; Chinese herbs, natural remedies; Acupuncture
·  Check out Dr. Andrew Weil.
·  Natural hormones more helpful for some
·  Found relief in being GF
·  Some in the same boat as me – therefore, waiting for the summary.
·  http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages
·  Drink one or two cups of kefir milk a day for abdominal discomfort.

Thanks to all.
Tina (california)