From:
Alexander Maines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 23:26:24 -0400

I am 46 years old and have worked in high stress jobs with Citibank for
the last 18 years. I resigned my job in January of this year due to
health related concerns which this month have been finally diagnosed as
a gluten intolerance problem. I have just gone gluten free and am feeling
better but still have intestinal lesions which I'm sure will heal with time.

My question is this. I don't seem to have any interest in taking a high
stress career again. I picture myself doing something out of the house in
something which I can control the demands. Is this something that other
CELIACs feel? Anecdotally on a very small number of celiacs that I know,
I would say that it might be true. I would be interested in any
observations or if my feeling is true, what types of at home jobs do
people do? Since I am designing my career for the next 20 years, I want
to take any feedback into consideration. Somehow, I have a feeling that
even on a gluten free diet there are some life style changes that need to
be made. Thanks in advance for your comments. Alec Maines