From:
Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rich Tambasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:18:13 -0500

The following information was sent to me in regards to eating at
restaurants in Erie while visitin Splash Lagoon. Additionally, someone
who visited there recently looked up restaurant information and included
phone numbers so calling ahead is easy!

This List is AWESOME- thank you to everyone who took the time to send
this information. I have forwarded the info to my friend and she is
excited about the trip.  Now if the weather would cooperate so that
traveling in the northeast of this country wouldn't be so treacherous.

The Golden Wok, if you like Chinese.  Porters Restaurant, Bertrand's,
Arnone's, and papermoon (Thai food).  Our local group has gone out &
eaten at all these fine establishments, except papermoon (an individual
celiac recommendation, & one of the chef's grandma is a member of the
celiac group, so he made a point of learning the diet.  The individual
recommendation came from a dermatologist whose wife has DH.  Our group
just hasn't had a chance to get together there.  There's a Wegman's down
toward Erie about 1.5 miles, on the same side of the street with OODLES
of gluten free stuff, and Whole Foods Co-op at 26th and Brown Ave. as a
health food store.  Has a great selection. They may be a little tricky
to find, as they are not right on W. 26th st., but in the back of the
building.

If you want Italian, call Arnones & let them know you're coming, & pick
up your pasta at Whole Foods, and then sashay on down to Arnones.  Just
ate there yesterday.

Rachels is another good place to go, if you want good steaks.

There's a Wendy's on Rte. 19 further in towards Erie, about 1/2 mile
north of Wegmans for the kids. I know for sure that Bill Miller down at
Porter's appreciates a call the day before, but his chefs are trained
for all sorts of allergies:  chicken, latex, MSG, etc.  He regaled us
with stories the night we dined together. Really came across as a guy
who liked people.

Bertrand of Bertrand's Restaurant, down on Perry Square, close to the
lake, is French, and adapted the cuisine quite well.  Our problem was
(with about 20 people) that the meal dragged on all night, but that
really wasn't bad, it was unexpected.

It's Greek to ME- 814-452-4683
Cafe 38(says all meals from scratch)-814 452 0453
Waterfront place-814 459-0606
Pufferbelle- 814-454-1557
ElCanelo-(mex) 814 835-2290
Damon's grill(can get as roomservice at Splash)-
814-866-RIBBS
Applebee's also provides room service to Splash