From:
Aimee French <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 07:51:48 EDT

I'm a 38-year-old celiac, just diagnosed in February. Many of you were very
helpful to me after my diagnosis. I talked my dad into having the blood test as
he has many celiac symptoms, including the classic bathroom-related issues,
fatigue, hiatal hernia, constant heartburn and gas, stomach pain for as long as
I can remember, etc. He also has type II diabetes and has had gallbladder
issues.
       His test results came back and his doctor said he has a 1% chance of
having celiac based on the results. He left it up to my dad as to whether he
should consult a GI, and told him he has to decide if he's willing to go GF
before he undergoes a biopsy. I have never heard of the results broken into
percentages like this, and wondered if any of you might have some insight I can
share with him. FYI, I also have a brother who was diagnosed with a gluten allergy
as a toddler but our parents were told he outgrew it.
       Here are my dad's results:
IgG 40
Ttg negative
IgA Ab neg
IgG ab neg
       Thanks so much for any insight about diagnosis you can share.
Aimee