From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:31:10 -0500

MY ORIGINAL QUESTION:
Ramapo Valley Brewery:  http://www.ramapovalleybrewery.com/
I've bought two cases of Ramapo Valley's gluten free beer since November
2003.  I had an overall good experience with the first case.  I believe
the beer was called 'Gluten-free Honey Lager.'  It tasted pretty good; I
had no gluten symptoms.
The second case arrived about two weeks ago, and the name had changed to
Passover Honey Beer.  It is a beer that is kosher for Passover.  I had
two bottles last weekend and reacted very strongly to it.  Since they
say it is both gluten-free and kosher, I'm doubtful I reacted to gluten
in the beer; I probably reacted to something else in the beer.  But I
wanted to check to see if any of you have gotten beer from Ramapo Valley
and whether you had a reaction to it or not.   If you reply, could you
indicate if you got the beer from them in 2003 or 2004?

SUMMARY:
I didn't get many responses (3 - thank you to each of you!)  The only
person who mentioned getting sick (as I did) had their reaction to the
2003 Honey Lager, not the 2004 Passover Honey beer that made me sick...

One person liked the Kosher beer the other thought it was *way* too
sweet.  I agree with their opinion of the taste.  It was much sweeter
than their 2003 beer; it just didn't taste like beer to me.  But my son
likes it (a non-celiac), so it's not a complete waste of money.  :)

2003 GF BEER
"I ordered the a case Gluten Free Honey Lager in November but every time
I drink it I get nauseated, so I haven't had much of it.  I don't really
care for the taste, but this might be because it makes my stomach upset.
I don't get this kind of reaction when drinking regular beer so I'm not
sure why this happened."

2004 GF BEER
"like it. Received it two weeks ago."

"got same beer last month...only reaction I had.....yuk!  tasted nothing
like what I remembered beer tasting like...way too sweet and thick like"

Dawn @ the Jersey Shore