From:
subscriber2list <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:08:23 -0400
Hello Ian,

Thursday, August 12, 2004, 6:07:56 PM, Rick Glazier wrote:

RG> Doesn't Maxtor have the "no quibble" warranty?
RG> I'd get after them and have them make it good...

<snip>

I agree with Rick re: Maxtor's "no quibble" statement.  While I've had
no problems with my One Touch, thus far, I have experienced problems
with a few Maxtor HDD and was able to exchange them for new ones
without much of a fuss ... actually handle quite smoothly overall.
However, I can understand your reservation about Maxtor in your
specific case. How long ago did you submit the requested info? Just
recently or some time ago.  If some time ago, I would certainly put
pressure on them for an exchange or some other resolution to your
problem.  Don't let them off the hook.  You paid good money for both
advertized capabilities, USB and FireWire.  Good Luck.

Sean Con

From: "Ian C>>"
>> I am not the original poster you referred to, but I just bought their
>> 300Gb One Touch (usb&firewire).  It has on/off switch and is equipped w/
>> small power supply.  However, usb is toooo sloooow for my taste.  And
>> firewire worked when I initially received the drive, but hasn't worked
>> since.  And Maxtor tech support responded to my inquiry  by asking a few
>> questions.  I replied with info and that's the last I've heard from
>> them.  Based on that experiecne, I wouldn't recommended them.  YMMV.

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL