Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:27:43 +0100
Hi Folks,

This is wrecking my head so I hope somebody out there has a quick-fix. I
spend a lot of time working with systems, setting them up from scratch,
tweaking, upgrading, configuring....the whole nine yards. I'm also MCSA and
MCSE certified which ain't helping me much in this regard!!!

Here's the problem;

Over a period of time (it tends to be a number of months)......Internet
functionality ceases to function. I just get the standard DNS error page in
the browser. Pinging any address times out. This is not PC specific either,
the same happens on a multitude of PC's with different H/W and configs.
There was a KB article at MS that suggested removing and re-adding Windows
Sockets 2 in the registry which I did try but to no avail.

Up to now, I've had to resort to reinstalling the OS from scratch (a repair
has no impact either). This solves the issue but it's a serious PITA.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jerry.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com