From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 23:39:11 -0400
On Friday 16 July 2004 01:00 pm, Brian Evans wrote:
> I just built a new computer and I was wondering where to plug in the usb
> cables that are built into the front of the case and where they go into the
> motherboard. There are 2 cables and have 4 small connectors, thay say
> data+, data-, vcc, and ground  The case is a kingwin kt 424 and the
> motherboard is a asus k8v se. I went to both companies web site but can't
> seem to find anything that helps. It is not essential to have these usb
> ports but would be nice to have. Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Brian:

The Asus motherboard manual _should_ help you determine the proper
connections. If you don't have one, you can download one here:
http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=K8V%20SE%20Deluxe

In the manual that I have (for a different Asus motherboard), the information
can be found in the chapter "Installing the Motherboard", under the section
"Connectors, Headers and Switches".

From past experience, it may take a bit of guessing to get the proper
connector orientation, so I'd verify that the system works OK before
replacing the case sides.

Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL