From:
Jeff Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:00:19 -0700
Verona,

This sounds like you have a memory problem. The chips may be ok but , as you
said, you have moved this unit several times. Unfortunately many PC cases
have a tendency to twist and dislodge adapter cards and maybe memory chips.
You are going to have to get into that case and verify that  everything  is
properly *seated* and *connected*. That does not mean just *pushing* on
them. I would recommend removing and reseating. (If it is dirty inside I
would recommend investing in a canned air to clean it out at that time. That
can cause many problem if not done regularly) If you are not comfortable
with this then I would recommend taking to someone who is. Remember though,
if you move it again it may happen again if this is the problem. I have had
several PCs in the past that had this issue and drove my clients(and me)
nuts.

Hope this is your problem as it will just cost a little time and maybe no
money. Much good luck.

Jeff

.

>    The computer is running and I hear the drive spinning.  When I reboot,
I hear a single beep.
> If loose ribbon cables is the culprit, could that be the reason I couldn't
get into the CMOS?  I will check the ribbon cables because I did move the
computer a few times.  I was trying to avoid opening the computer.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com