From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 12:05:44 -0500
I bought an HP 6L personal laser new on 1/1/98, and am still using it. When I networked my home computers I bought a used one exactly like it off ebay for $40.00 about 2 years ago. I am still using that one.  At some point they will quit, and will be cheaper to get a new one than to fix them, but they have been quite good for me.  Check ebay for used HP lasers as they are considered by most to be the best.  If buying from ebay bothers you, shop around on the Internet.  Check www.pricegrabber.com or www.nextag.com or www.bizrate.com to compare prices.  HP makes the 1500L which is a color laser that lists new for $699.95.  You can find it on ebay or some online store for much less.  Look around.

>Hello,
>
>I use Win98SE  on a duron 1200 with 256meg RAM.
>
>I am trying to work out the best laser printer. I am looking at a reliable and most importantly economical.
>
>I have been told that some printers use the same toner cartridges as other brands (where one is cheaper than the other) and does anyone have any comments on the remanufactured and refilled cartidges?
>
>The printer would be for home use - getting heavier over time as my children are all in school with their printing requirements growing every year.
>
>I live in Australia, so please bear this in mind when answering.
>
>Thank you
>
>Anne Smith
>
>Mono is fine as colour is probably beyond my reach financially.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.