From:
Raymond kenniston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:30:53 -0500
Hello to all!
        I am having a problem I haven't figured out yet. I set up a new computer
with WinXP, which has 2 network cards. 1 for a cable modem, the other for a
home network connection. I can't seem to get into the setup for the
networks.  I am logged in under my name, which is definitely set up as an
Administrator, and I also have logged in as Administrator specifically, and
get the same results. My problems are these:
  1) If I try to run the Network Connection Wizard, it says I don't have
permission to set up a network.
  2) Opening the Network Connection window shows no connections, and trying
to refresh the window I get a message that it can't retrieve a list of
adapters, and make sure the Network Connection service is running. I
checked and the service is set to start automatically, and is indeed running.
    I am guessing I am not the first to run into this, but I haven't seen
any tips relating to this anywhere including the MS KB, so I thought
someone here may recognize the problem. Any info would be appreciated,
thank you!

Ray Kenniston

  Take care,
        Ray