From:
Les Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:01:46 -0500
Hi Diane,

Sounds like you did OK. I just went into mine and I don't see any numbers
until I tab down to IDE Primary Master where it says auto and hit enter.
Then I get Capacity, Cylinders=2434, Head=255, Precomp=0, Landing
Zone=38791, Sector=63. You must have numbers there. After you hit AUTO did
the numbers appear? If they did hit F10 & boot. I suspect they did not.
BIOSes vary in how results are obtained and presented. In mine I have a box
on the right that explains each entry, some are on the bottom. Feel free to
experiment to see what is happening but put things back the way they were
(except for the hard drive before you save. So get numbers to appear and
then save. You can try a manual entry if you can see the numbers on the hard
drive. Good Luck.

Les Barnes