From:
Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:36:21 -0500
Bob,
Glad to hear you got it working. I've been using an old Linksys BEFSR41 for
years, and it has been faultless. I wouldn't update the firmware unless
you're having a problem. I am using firmware version 1.21.1, dated March 24
2000. I think the best rule is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Here is a
paste (about 2 years old) from Linksys:

"Please note that firmware is upgraded for the resolution of any problems
you may be encountering with the router and not for additional features.
Installing newer firmware on a presently-functioning router may result in
router malfunction. Please be aware of this when downloading firmware."

I've also used both Zonealarm and Sygate firewalls very successfully with
the BEFSR41.
Bob Lendrim