NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susie Boniol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:35:04 -0700
My name is Susie Boniol and I am in desperate need of any information anyone may have on the prevention of MPA in newborns.  I am 35 weeks preggo with baby #3 and in an attempt to possibly avoid MPA I have eliminated all (or at least I thought all) Milk Protein from my diet and have been Milk Free for about 3 weeks.  Baby #2 had SEVERE MPA which took 6 weeks to diagnose and I will do whatever it takes to avoid having a baby that sick again.  We lived in Mobile, AL at the time and the ped gastro was very helpful once he was diagnosed and on Neocate.  At 11 months he was able to tolerate Alimentum and now at 2.5 he eats a normal diet with the exception of drinking milk (I have tried but he won't touch the stuff).  The ped gastro in Mobile, AL prepared me for the grim outlook of future babies and the high risk of them having the allergy as well.  The ped gastro in Shreveport, LA says the chances are slim since baby #1 had no problems at all.  He also says that when this baby
 is born to just put him on normal milk based formula to see if the allergy is even there.  This is truly scarey to me and as the weeks pass my anxiety is rising. and rising... and rising....  HELP.  I can not breast feed due to previous surgery and I truly tried 110% with #1 and 2.  My only hope at this point is formula and I am just curious which one will offer him the best chances at a healthy tummy when born.  Also, to what extreme do I need to eliminate Milk Protein from my diet while pregnant and will this even possibly work???  I truly do appreciate any help anyone can give me.  Thank you so much.  Susie

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.