From:
Wilkinson Jens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:01:35 +0900
--- Amadeus Schmidt-Philipp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "What, eyes? I would never eat eyes"
> In fact most people I know would never eat what they
> recognise as part
> of an animal - but are feeling very well
> when eating just a rectangular piece of  pink
> nutritious
> ......unrecognisable animal leg.

This may be generally true today. Just as an interesting
fact, though, although I don't personally got for it, my
two daughters are very fond of eating the eyeballs of
tuna. They know I don't like it, so sometimes when we're
eating tuna they take out the eyeballs and make a point of
asking me if I want some too.

It's certainly true that for large animals, we don't see
the shape, but for smaller animals that is often not the
case, especially with fish and shellfish. In fact, I do
know people who don't like eating birds because they can
see the original shape, but for most people that isn't
really a problem.

Jens Wilkinson