From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:13:48 -0600
From: "Eva Hedin"
>What I don't understand is why the test B-HbA1c had gone up from 4,1 to
4,4. Normal >range is 0,0 - 5,3. Does anyone know this or had it happen?

Eva, the HbA1c is not usually part of the panel here unless a person is
diabetic.  Are you diabetic?  Is this blood test always done in Sweden?  I'm
not diabetic, but I had my average blood sugar measured last year for the
very first time.  Mine was 5-point-low-number (maybe 5.3 or 5.1), but was
well within our reference range.  I wonder if we have different reference
ranges altogether or whether the health authorities in your country have
estabished a  lower "upper limit" than what we have.

At the time, the only exception to paleo eating that I was making was
coffee, some cream to go in the coffee, and salt on food.  I'd be interested
in hearing about others' experience with paleo eating and HbA1c tests.

Theola