From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:33:46 -0600
> We are seeing the same thing here in AZ.  The health food store Hi Health
is
> loaded with low carb products.

Not just in health food stores, either, as it is pretty mainstream. Kentucky
Fried Chicken got slapped for marketing its fried chicken as low carb. But
if you listen carefully to commercials now, low carb is *the* buzz word.
Where beer commercials used to say "Great taste. Less filling," they
now say, "Great taste. Less carbs." I saw a commercial the other day
for some food chain promoting its new low-carb something or other where
they were wrapping a wrapping up slices of bacon in a tortilla wrap. And
even my local grocery store, Krogers, had a prominent sign over
a display of pre-cooked bacon which read, "high protein, low in carbs."

It really boggles the mind that someone could convince themselves
that bacon and beer is the healthy choice because it is "low carb."

A person can lose weight with chemo therapy, too. And sadly,
if people keep shoveling in the bacon, chemo might start looking
like the healthy alternative. I don't know. Pretty scary.

Jay
www.roadtowellsville.com