ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:18:27 -0500
Cataract surgery is an outpatient procedure these days and very simple. My
dad, at age 68 had this done in the only eye he can see out of, so he was
concerned as you might imagine, but it was a life changing procedure for
him which he'd do all over again if needed. A friend of mine, who is
diabetic has had many laser surgeries to clean up what is known as
"bleeding" which occurs with diabetic  folks. The success of it is
dependent upon the amount of bleeding being done, blood vessels in the back
of the eye weakening. However, I met this friend of mine in a facility to
adjust to blindness back in 94, and he is now regained his driver's
license, so there is hope. I know the what ifs, the what will we do ifs and
etc. I did that back in the early 90's when I was diagnosed with RP and
providing for my family and eventually was advised to seek disability
helps. It wasn't easy but I didn't have God and his word for comfort then
which you do and hopefully Ben has as well. Since that time, I've had
occasion to resurrect similar and non similar what ifs, but being in God's
word and trusting in him in a tangible way, brings peace knowing all will
be OK in the end.  All this seems clicheish I know, but trusting that God
will see you through despite what we are going through at the moment, and
even if, the what ifs do come true, that he will reposition you to meet the
safety of his will.

Brad

Rhonda wrote:
>Ben went to the eye doctor today, he has cataracts on both eyes! and damage
>to the back of both eyes, they will need to do some lazer treatments before
>they can remove the cataracts! the first treatment is next Tuesday!
>we are still concerned about his job...
>all those what if thoughts are trying to invade.
>what if... he looses his job, what about insurance for all this medication,
>and for the eye treatments and lazer surgery,
>and what will we do,
>Ben is having  trouble seeing now, he has to get up close to a computer
>screen,
>I am trying to be positive, but I am not doing too well,
>he seems to worried, I didn't go in with him so am not really sure what the
>doctor actually said,
>pray for us,
>thanks!
>Rhonda

Brad

   FREE classified ads at HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Try our "Talking Classifieds". Serving NW Wisconsin & Greater Twin Cities
area!