ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:30:58 -0500
Pamela Nelson. Ever heard of her?

Neither have I until two days ago. In fact I've never met her, never saw
her, or even spoken to her. Yet I have yet to still think of the total
impact she has had on my thoughts as I sort out in my mind what she has
given me to think about. To my knowledge she's never accomplished anything
of public notoriety in life, as most of us living our lives day in and day
out. In fact the healthcare trade proved to be the chosen means of making a
living and not a great communicator, author, or other such profession.
Young woman of late 30's early forties, married, two teen age kids,
residing in the same town as I, in fact only four doors down from me.
Pamela decided to give many much to think on around noon Monday when she
pulled the trigger and ended her life. This, the second suicide in our
little town in the past week where yet another woman of 44 years young,
married and kids to leave behind wondering why. My wife told me around 3:30
or so there was four police cars, an ambulance and other cars down the
street, the two kids were out in the yard crying. One of my wife's
customer's dad lives next to the Nelsons and was woken out of a sleep
around noon from his third shift night time sleep. I heard that Mr. Nelson
was yet on his way home from work for the day. My suspicions and fears of
what happened were confirmed last night at church music practice. No doubt
it was the children who walked in the house to say "Hi mom we're home! Can
I go to the skate park or over to Jimmy's?" and instead found their lives
irreversibly changed. One of the children, Luke 16 years old, a young man
my son skateboards, bikes and eats lunch with at school everyday, and is
somewhere between acquaintance and friend of my son, and his younger sister
of 14 must be going through one of the most difficult times of their lives.
Please pray for this family. I couldn't help but be extremely bothered by
this inside. Suicide has always been sensitive to me. It is such a waste
and the thoughts which lead up to it, a lie from the pit of hell. Nothing
is worth ending one's own life. No job, no spouse, no money problem, no
nothing. I also couldn't help feeling so useless in life. Week by week we
do our bit in church, play music, sing to God and encourage others to enter
into worship, take our time to practice together and at home apart from a
group, go to our jobs, spend some time with our own family, go shopping and
the errands we need to do to make life roll along. And all the while four
doors down a young woman suffers so much from depression and lies being
told her, and remains separated from God, missing out on the peace and
comfort and help we as Christians so much rely on to get us through life
these days, and I am totally oblivious to her suffering. If perhaps someone
were to have told her, have shown her that there is hope no matter what
things look like right now. If she was guided and encouraged to find that
victory we enjoy daily, perhaps today she'd be making supper for her family
saying "OK, kids go get your dad, and  wash your hands we're gonna eat."
and I'd not be writing this. I have yet to have this sink in to its full
capacity as I'm still stunned and bothered by the reality of it. Sort of
ironic isn't it? We take part in helping those in the area, the city, the
county, the state , the USA, the world and someone four doors down shows
the real perspective yet there's nothing you can do now to   change how
that perspective was brought to you and they have forfeited the ultimate
gift… life.

Please pray for this family.

Brad

Brad

   Start spreading the news! HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM is offering
  Northwest Wisconsin and Greater Twin Cities FREE classified advertising!!