ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:51:30 -0500
Amy,

I operate a vending route via the Randolph-Shepherd vending opportunities.
I grew up in a family business and have either worked there or in
self-employment all my life so working for someone else is very foreign and
a bit uncomfortable for me. This type of  employment status is not for
everyone but is an option in our free country of ours. I guess if I were 18
and knew what I knew now, I'd probably look at what my interests were. What
I liked to do, what skills I had that were of benefit  in a particular
trade, skill or task. While there are various employment tracks which blind
people are either pointed towards or may gravitate to, I'd encourage you to
think out of the box a bit and not limit yourself to the traditional areas
unless you find them to fall within your interests. In other words, if you
have a dream, vision of what you might like to do, do not let blindness be
your limitation. If one wishes to do something, even as a blind person you
can find some form of making that happen. There are blind engineers,
physical therapists, scientist,, business owners of all worts, just about
anything. You won't find blind truck drivers or pilots, well actually lol
there are some blind folks that have flown planes lol under supervision of
another pilot of course but nonetheless they've flown. So Take what you do
best and your interests and find an area in which you can make that be your
work. I have to stop for a minute and say something, granted you have been
only on the list a short time, and we don't know you real well yet, but I
have to say I am impressed with your ability and attitude  to adjust to
your life change. That my friend is a huge advantage in life. Have you had
any adjustment to blindness training? Braille reading, alternative
technique for life tasks and etc? Travel? These are great tools to build
your confidence as well. Hope this helps open up your thoughts on
possibilities for you.

Brad

gordons wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_012E_01C49A3F.D2F36480
>
>    Hello everyone,
>     I was just wondering if you all have jobs and what you do.  I'm =
>trying to figure out what I want to do.  It's so hard.  I've thought =
>about medical transcription because I did some historical transcribing =
>but there is not much of an opportunity for that.  Medical transcription =
>is needed, but I don't know if I will like it and I don't really want to =
>go to college for a long time.  I would like to just go to a trade =
>school.  I am just not sure what to do.  Please pray for me.
>    =20
>Amy               =20
>
>------=_NextPart_000_012E_01C49A3F.D2F36480

>    Hello = everyone,
>     I was just wondering = if you all=20 have jobs and what you do.  I'm
> trying to figure out what I want to = do.  It's so hard.  I've thought
> about medical transcription = because I=20 did some historical
> transcribing but there is not much of an opportunity = for=20
> that.  Medical transcription is needed, but I don't know if I will = like
> it=20 and I don't really want to go to college for a long time.  I would
> = like to=20 just go to a trade school.  I am just not sure what to
> do.  = Please=20 pray for me.
>
>Amy    =    =20
>
>------=_NextPart_000_012E_01C49A3F.D2F36480--

Brad

   FREE classified ads at HTTP://WWW.RIVERCITIESCONNECTION.COM
  Try our "Talking Classifieds". Serving NW Wisconsin & Greater Twin Cities
area!