ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:00:19 -0400
        Well Guys, the idea of going for two weeks without a shower while
we wait for the plumbing to be completed in the new house was not a
pleasant prospect to us, so, Greg finally broke down and performed an
autopsy on our water heater.  Ooooh, wow!  It's a miracle that it made it
this long!  Isn't that amazing?  A miracle was taking place in my
bathroom every day, and I didn't even know it.  The thermastat was burned
completely through, that's probably what finally caused the beginning of
a fire Monday night.  The heating element was totally caked with setament
and there were chunks of setament inside, Greg believed were about the
size of a cake of soap.  Also, it looks as though a leak was beginning,
so it really was its time to go.  We did the autopsy because some people
were suggesting that we might just be able to replace parts and fix the
thing for about $30, but, last night, we invited Uncle Visa to take a
trip with us to Home Depot and we got a new water heater for this place.
The blessing is that Rick, the contractor, is going to haul it away for
us for free.  IN Maine, there is a disposal fee for appliances, so we
just have to trust that God, in his infinite wisdom iss not only taking
care of us, but helping us to prepare this home for whoever will occupy
it next.
        On our own house, the painters are supposed to come today, but
the way that they paint is by using high pressured canisters which
require a lot of ventilation and it is raining today, so we aren't sure
it can be done.  We are receiving the remains of Francis.
Have a great day!
Kathy

Get your name as your email address.