ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:27:46 -0400
Thanks Phil,
You're right!  It is exciting.  I was afraid that there might be  some
wise crack about everybody coming to Maine to see my big hole and got
swallowed up or something.  Tomorrow, the footings are supposed to  be
poured, but, we'll see.

Helen,
I'm sorry about being quiet.  I'm not very good at writing on the weekend
anyway because Greg usually ties up the computer with last minutes touch
ups on his sermon, plus, church stuff keeps me busy.  This week I had to
do all of the music for worship because our usual keyboardist is still in
London on her missionary adventure.  Praise the Lord she'll be back next
week, finally!  Sometimes, when I'm up there playing I begin thinking
about Vinny and wonder if he gives long distance lessons.  I prefer
playing my guitar, but some hymns just need the piano.
        Our daughter, Lizzie, is  working for five weeks this summer at a
Christian camp on the Canadian border so we dashed over there yesterday
afternoon to say "HI!"  She's doing fine.  It's volunteer work.  We're
pretty proud of her.
        Yesterday morning, our town had a parade as part of a local,
annual celebration, called, "Glenburn Days."  It's just one of those
summer celebration things.  Anyway, our church was going to have a float,
but there weren't enough people  interested so about seven of us,
including Caleb walked the route, handing out information about our
church.  Little Caleb ran the whole way, over a mile, making sure that
all the kids got a lolly pop.  Unfortunately, it was raining so the
spectators were down some.  We ended up soaked, but faithful.
        This morning, Greg preached a really powerful sermon about the
wheat and the tares with a really strong altar call at the end.  There
should have been some movement, but there wasn't.
        Well, that's my excuse for not writing more this weekend.  I
don't know why nobody else is talking.
Kathy

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!