ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:28:04 -0500
Kathy,

It is easy for me to be critical on myself, and therefore easy to be
critical on my kids. In some ways  it is good, but the balance for grace
and kindness in the heat of things is a bit harder. It comes easier as life
goes on, but There are so many years which I wasn't so quick to notice and
it has affected my relationship with my kids to some degree I know. Someone
mentioned, Vicki I think, regarding my mention of my being proud of my son,
and he then proud of me too. Some how I doubt that. We do not have a bad
relationship, but it isn't one of those where father and son do stuff
together all the time, it isn't dad always complimenting son on even little
things, or son seeking advice in situations. There has been a little of the
latter, but mostly I think I'm offering it before it is asked for, which is
a lesson within itself as my son reaches the beginnings of manhood. I wish
I was one of those dad's which there kids talk about dad being so cool and
awesome and all that, but just isn't reality. Wouldn't it be great to start
over with kids knowing what we know now? Well... in some ways yes, and in
others I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. One of those experiences
that one wouldn't trade for a million bucks, but wouldn't buy one if it
only cost a penny.

Brad

Kathy Du Bois wrote:
>I love canoeing for sport, but my dad always used a John boat for
>fishing.  Now I know why.  You know Brad, paddles are much lighter and
>they float!  (GRIN!)  Glad you guys are safe.  The lesson that you shared
>is one that I could benefit from as well.  Thanks for sharing.
>God bless,
>Kathy

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Brad

   Give God what's right,  not what's left