ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:54:06 -0500
Kathy,

Actually Monday is just catching up from what we didn't get done yesterday.
I'm not sure when I'll need to deal with this guy again. Could be a few
days or not until camps stop coming in in a month or so. Either way, I
believe just the knowledge and realization of that little phrase... "He who
angers you, controls you", plus the scriptures that deal with quick temper
or anger and etc. I think I'll be OK. One can always laugh inside at feudal
attempts to control, and if that fails a little chuckle on the outside
might send the message that button doesn't work no more lol. The problem
is, I let the focus of the situation run over and over and over in my mind,
digging lies of negative and insecure thoughts deeper. I know better, and I
know where I stand, and I know the truth so, if he wishes to play Little
Hitler, let him, I'm not one of his employees or toy soldiers to be pushed
about. You ought see the reaction of his people when there's a problem lol.
It is funny. I was servicing a machine one day. And the general rule is,
all machines need be on a piece of plywood to protect the flooring. This
machine had none as it was moved in prior to my return here. Well I was
filling a machine and one of the little soldiers came over yelling at me
saying... "Look at what happened there!" Of course I could not see so I say
"What?". He tells me down on the floor and says. "Something must have
happened there!" I felt it and it was little round holes in the carpet from
students shaking the machine. I looked at him and said... "Yup. Something
must have happened there alright" *Holding back a smile... what is this guy
and idiot lol* So he says to me like a two year old... "Am I going to have
to tell Paul about this?" Paul being the campus Hitler of res halls. He
proceeded to exclaim someone must have shaken the machine as if it were my
fault. I just looked at him again and said... "Yup, I bet they did
alright". It was rather humorous to see how fearful he was and how none of
these guys can make any little decisions without prior clearance from Big
H. Anyway I headed toy soldier off at the past and called Paul myself and
told him he might think about putting a plywood under that machine cause of
what we found. Took the wind out of toy soldiers sails lol.  We were going
to change the order of the machines to accommodate some electrical boxes on
the wall verses the depth of the machines so they could all be in a
straight line in front, but toy soldiers exclaimed almost fearfully we
better wait until Paul gets here lol. He got there and said he didn't care
and that it was up to us the vendors. I'd last about a day on that crew
lol. Oh well. It is much easier to deal with from a humorous side and be
thankful I don't work there.

Brad

Kathy Du Bois wrote:
>Well Brad,
>In God's grace, He has given you another chance, coming up on Monday.
>Perhaps it would be good to pray about a strategy before you go into it
>this time.  Perhaps keeping an appropriate verse of scripture running
>through the back of your mind would help.  I don't know what works for
>you, but I do know that praying beforehand and planning out how to
>respond works for me.  But then, I'm a kind of self confessed control
>freek.  You're more laid back, it sounds like, but it could still help.
>I'll be praying for you.
>Kathy

>The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Brad

   When praying, don't give God instructions, just report for duty